Shred it, don't bin it.
Cross cut paper shredders for offices and homes
Cross Cut Paper Shredders
Shredding documents helps to protect offices and home offices against identity theft and fraud. Cross cut paper shredders shred paper documents into small pieces to destroy personal information printed on sensitive and confidential documents.
What's the difference between a cross cut and strip cut shredder?
Just like a strip cut shredder, each document is cut vertically. What makes a cross cut shredder different is that it also cuts the documents horizontally. This creates small rectangular pieces of paper and is why cross cut shredders are also known as "confetti cut" shredders.
In contrast, a strip cut shredder does not provide the same level of security. Strip cut shredders slice documents into long vertical strips of paper. These are far more easily reassembled than a cross cut or micro cut shredded document.
What types of cross cut shredder are there?
There are two types of cross cut shredder.
Manual feed shredders shred documents as they are inserted into the shredder slot by the user.
Auto feed shredders allow a stack of papers to be placed into the shredder by the user. Once the user starts the shredder they can walk away while the shredder automatically shreds the documents. Automatic shredding provides businesses with additional peace of mind as they save time and, thanks to their ease of use, serve to promote shredding by employees.
Rexel cross cut shredders are available in two levels of security.
- P4 shredders are ideal for offices and home users needing to shred bank statements or confidential business documents. P4 shredders shred an A4 document into 400 pieces.
- P3 shredders shreds an A4 document into 200 pieces. Perfect for general day to day documents containing sensitive data such as addresses like junk mail or delivery notes. Some cross cut shredders even have a dedicated slot for shredding credit cards or shredding CDs.
What cross cut shredder is best for shredding lots of documents?
If you want to shred lots of documents at once, consider the bin capacity as well as the sheet capacity.
A shredder's sheet capacity refers to how many sheets of paper it can shred at once. This is often written as "shreds up to 15 sheets".
A large bin capacity means fewer interruptions when the bin needs emptying. If you need to shred batches of documents in excess of 50 sheets we recommend Rexel Auto Feed shredders.
Momentum X312-SL Slimline
- P-3 cross cut security level shreds document into 200 cross cut pieces
- Shreds up to 12 sheets in one pass (80gsm)
- 23L bin capacity stires 200 shredded A4 sheets
- Anti jam technology automatically stops and reverses when too much paper is inserted
- Touch panel operation for easy use
- Automatically shred upto 90 sheets at once
- P-3 cross cut security level shreds document into 200 pieces
- 20L bin capacity holds 150 shredded A4 sheets
- Shreds credit cards, staples and paper clips
- Ultra quiet operation