Updated on May 25, 2018
Summary of use of your data
- We at ACCO Rexel Ltd will use your personal data exclusively for the purpose of conducting business, especially to provide our online services and your user account.
- Our company and our order processing sites will store your personal data (e.g. agencies that conduct campaigns for us, Cloud Service providers). When your personal data is transferred, it will be encrypted using 128 bit SSL encryption.
- Once you have provided us with your personal data, we will principally not pass this data on to third parties. A transfer of this data to companies outside of ACCO Rexel Ltd will only take place if you have granted us your permission, when processing your requests, when you use our services, or to contracted subcontractors, who will receive the necessary data in order to process orders. Furthermore, we will transfer personal data to the entitled authorities to fulfill legal requirements.
- Therefore, if we rely on your permission for marketing purposes, you have the right to withdraw this permission at any time effective for the future. We will process your request as promptly as possible.
What does this privacy notice cover?
This privacy notice describes how ACCO Rexel Ltd and other companies in the ACCO Brands Group collect, use and transfer data associated with your use of our website or online services when you purchase our products or when you interact with our customer services employees or our company in another manner.
Furthermore, it describes your privacy rights, including your right to object to various types of this processing by ACCO Rexel Ltd. Further information regarding your rights and how to use them are included in the section "What rights do I have?"
What type of data do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you if you interact with our company or our websites or if you communicate with our customer service employees. These include:
- Your name and username and password
- Your private or business address, e-mail address and phone number
- Your marketing preferences, including all permissions you have granted us
How do we use your data and what is the legal basis for this?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- In order to fulfill a contract or to take steps in connection with a contract: This is relevant if you make a purchase from us or if you participate in one of our promotions or competitions. This includes:
- Verifying your identity
- Accepting payments
- Communication with you
- Providing customer service and arranging the delivery or another provision of products, prizes or services.
- In order to conduct our business and to pursue our legitimate interests.
- We use your data especially to be able to provide you with products and services you request and to respond to comments or complaints you may submit to us.
- We monitor the use of our websites and online services and use your data to monitor our products, content, services and websites online as well as offline, and to improve and protect them.
- We use the data you provide to us to personalize our website, products or services for you.
- If you provide a credit or debit card as a means of payment, we will also use the services of third parties to verify the validity of the Sort Code, account number and card number you provided and to prevent fraud (see below for data transfer details).
- We use the data you provide to us to examine complaints made by you or others regarding our website, products or services.
- We will use data in connection with legal requests, for compliance and regulatory and investigative purposes (including the disclosure of such data in connection with court cases or legal disputes).
- We will use the data of some individuals to invite them to join our marketing research.
- If you grant your permission for this, we will use your personal data for the following activities:
- We will send you direct marketing materials regarding our relevant products and services or other products and services, which are provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected business partners.
- We will use this data on other occasions, at which time we will ask for your permission, for the purpose declared at that time.
- For legally required purposes:
- In response to requests by authorities or criminal prosecution authorities who are conducting an investigation.
Which data do you have to disclose?
The disclosure of your name, last name, address as well as your e-mail address is mandatory, if you are placing an order with us or if you would like to participate in a promotion or competition. If you do not provide this data, we will not be able to fill your orders and we will not be able to permit you to participate in competitions and promotions.
The disclosure of any further data is optional. If you do not list a telephone number, there may be delays in case of complaints or service requests, e.g. if we are not able to reach you by phone.
How can you withdraw a permission granted or how can you object to receiving direct marketing materials?
You have the right to withdraw your permission in all cases in which you granted us the permission to process your data. In this case, we will terminate the data processing related to the respective permission.
In some cases we may send you direct advertising without your permission. In this case, you have the right to opt out of this direct marketing at any time. You can do this by following the instructions we provide to you in the message, if this was an electronic message. Alternatively, you can contact us using the information below.
With whom, where and when do we share this data?
We may transfer your personal data to other companies in the ACCO Brands Group in order to process orders, competitions or other marketing actions, which you registered for. In some cases, we may transfer your personal data to agencies or service providers in order to process orders, competitions or other marketing actions, for which you are registered.
If we receive a request from administrative or criminal prosecution authorities, we will transfer this personal data, if this is required by law or if this is required to protect our legitimate interests
We will also transfer your personal data to order processing sites, who will process this data as directed by ACCO Rexel Ltd for the above purposes. These order processing sites include providers of website hosting, maintenance, call centers, advertising agencies, shipping and logistics providers and analysis services.
If a business section of our company is sold or integrated into a different company, we may disclose your data to our consultants and to the consultants of the potential buyer and will pass these on to the new owners of the company.
We will only transfer data outside the European Economic Area if this is necessary to fulfill a contract or if sufficient privacy is ensured; this is the case if there is an adequacy decision by the Commission of the European Union or if the data is adequately protected by standard contract terms permitted by the EU commission, a relevant privacy shield certification or the obligatory company terms of the processing service provider. A copy of the relevant mechanism is available for your review upon request by sending an e-mail to DataPrivacy@acco.com.
Tracking via Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to analyze your use of our web pages. In this context, we transfer data about the use of our web pages to our order processor Google Inc. Google Analytics is configured to transfer your IP address anonymously to Google (anonymizeIP). Google compiles statistical reports about the use of our web pages.
If you do not want to be tracked via Google Analytics, you can install a browser add-on, which will prohibit tracking by Google Analytics.
What rights do I have?
You have the following rights:
- To request us to provide you with information regarding the processing of your data.
- To request a copy of your personal data.
- To correct, delete or limit the processing of your personal data.
- If we process your data on the basis of your permission or to fulfill a contract, you can ask us to provide you with a structured, machine-readable format of your data that you have submitted to us.
Furthermore, you can object to the processing of your personal data under certain conditions (especially if we do not need to process your data in order to fulfill a contractual or other legal obligation or if we use the data for direct advertising).
These rights may be limited, for example, if during the fulfillment of your request, data about another person were to be disclosed or if you ask us to delete data whose storage is a legal obligation.
In order to execute these rights, you can contact us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to file a complaint with an EU data protection authority in the city where you work, or wherever you feel that there might be violation.
How do I contact you?
We hope that we were able to answer your questions regarding the processing of your data. If you have concerns regarding the processing of your data or if you wish to opt out of direct marketing, you can contact us at DataPrivacy@acco.com or at the following address:
ACCO Rexel Ltd
Which department at ACCO Rexel Ltd is responsible for my data?
Your data will generally be processed in the departments responsible for the respective processing purpose. This can be the Marketing Department, the Sales Department, or the IT Department.
In individual cases, other departments may access your personal data (e.g. the Legal Department in case of a legal dispute).
How long will you keep my data?
If we process registration data, we will keep your data as long as you are an active user of our websites.
If we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your permission, we will keep this data until you ask us to stop the processing, as well as for a short time thereafter (until we can implement your request). We will keep your request to not send you direct marketing materials or process your data indefinitely, so that we will be able to fulfill your request in the future as well.
If we process personal data for the purpose of website security, we will keep your data as long as you are an active user of our websites.
If we process personal data in connection with the execution of a contract or for a competition, we will store your data for 6 years following your last interaction with us.